background

Friday, October 2, 2009

Good Morning bloggers!


This is my first post on my own blog, ever!

Let me just tell you a little about myself!

I attend the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith and am majoring in Secondary English Education. I will begin my internship in the Fort Smith Public School system in the Spring and plan to graduate on May 8, 2010.

I became engaged to my best friend and soul mate January 4, 2009 in Runaway Bay, Jamaica. Two days before, my sweet sister Ellen became engaged. Through discussions, family meetings (ha!), and much thought, together we decided to combine this incredibly special time in our lives and have a double-wedding.

I knew I was going to marry Wade Pressley when I was 4 years old... seriously, ask my mother. My family had just moved to St. Louis (1994) and his dear family were one of the firsts to meet The Kamp Clan. He never paid attention to me, which agged me on. We began 'talking' as friends my 8th grade year and his freshman year. After two years of really getting to know the other and becoming best friends, my charm FINALLY worked and we started dating the summer of 2003.

My family is the most important aspect in my life. We are SO incredibly close and open. I have two of the most wonderful parents, Bill and Elaine. I couldn't have chosen a better family. They have been married 30 years, which we celebrated this past June 9, 2009. Their love, encouragement, and support is never-ending and I am truly blessed to have them as parents.

We (my fam.) sent my little brother off to college at the University of Arkansa in August. I can't believe he is becoming an adult. I am so proud of his accomplishments and know he will continue to do great things.

I graduated from Southside High School in 2005 and decided to attend the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith. I cheered at the University my freshman and sophomore years and then became a founding member of Delta Gamma Fraternity on campus. The Greek system was completely new to UA-Fort Smith, so I was absolutely thrilled to be part of a great addition to our campus.

As for now, I think this is enough... I will continue to post over the weekend.

Tomorrow is a FULL day, packed with working, a baby shower for my sweet soon-to-be sister-in-law, Delta Gamma Parents Day, then the RaZoRbAcK game!! Go Hogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment