background

Friday, September 2, 2011

Did you know... ?


My sister called me earlier this week to ask if I would make my almond pound cake for this weekend. I L.O.V.E. to cook, so with pleasure I said "of course!"

Well, I've slept since then and I worked this morning. When I got home from school and after packing, I realized I hadn't made the cake. Since Wade was still working and wouldn't be home for another 30 min., I had 30 minutes to prepare and bake the cake.

I also realized, as I was adding in each ingredient, I didn't have 5 eggs... I only had 3. So, with the time ticking quickly, I searched online to see what I could substitute for eggs. SO many different things popped up; I was shocked! Mayonnaise was one ingredient you can suffice for an egg. However, instead of using mayo - I've been dieting - I chose the cornstarch and water trick. You add 1 T. Cornstarch to 3 T. Water for each egg. I NEVER knew that! And guess what.... ?? It WORKED!!

And, I pulled it out of the oven as Wadey walked in. I put it in my to-go cake carrier while he loaded the car. It was still warm, but the warmth will help keep it moist! Yummmmmy!!

Happy Labor Day weekend, y'all! And Wooooooooooo Pig Sooooie!

No comments:

Post a Comment